I should post a picture of a mess all over the floor and a pile of laundry on the couch...but instead I will post a picture of a happy hiker and her children decked out in high end hiking gear.. (thanks to REI garage sales, last chance and other outlets for not so wealthy people that like to wear, use and have nice things... Nate says that we are brand snobs. I do admit it- but who would not want to pay $20 for a $100 pair of chaco's... I like that my kids have their tootisie protected with some over priced Keen hiking shoes that I only paid $12 for rather than $40. So GUILTY. Strap on the comfy vented Osprey back pack and the Kelty baby carrier, button up those nice North Face pants ($6) and we are ready to hike... oh don't forget your Native polarized sun glasses and under armor hat!!! And yes, Jakies diapers are brand name- but not to worry.. Everything cost less than generic! Those who know me well understand!
I have been learning how busy it can be having kids but I have only gotten a small taste of it- my kids are very small- thus the small tasting. Maesyn and Jake are both in Swimming Lessons this summer and I am teaching art classes as well as doing scouts. We run around a lot and are quite busy.
I lost my running partner recently to the housing market of Maricopa. We were great together. She was so nice to get pregnant at the same time I was pregnant so that we could progress/digress together. I have now found 3 or 4 new running partners to keep me going strong in the hot summer months-with that many partners I'm sure to have another one get pregnant the same time I do and I can run strong most of the way through another pregnancy!!!
Other than running and kids I am pretty dull. I'm working on a logo design for a new company and I recently got a kiln. In the fall I will fire it up and start teaching children's clay classes.
I'm trying to be crafty and creative and work on our food storage...so kids, running, crafts and food are my life... sometimes I have time for Nate.. Sometimes. I plan on seeing him more in about a year when the MBA is over.






0 comments:
Post a Comment