11/11/08

things my kids do/say

I did not want to forget some of the funnies my kids made within the last week.
Jake:
On Saturday night Nate and I went out on a date. Jake had not pooped all day so I left a diaper for the sitter. When we went to get the kids I picked Jake up and he pointed to his bum. Our friend that was watching him said that he had pooped. I guess Jake wanted me to know that he was still regular.

Maesyn:
This afternoon while running to the park I was able to find some Christmas music on the kids tiny portable radio. I guess Maesyn had never heard "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause." Because she just started laughing and had to tell me that the song was about a kid that saw his mom kiss Santa. She thought it was so funny!

Maesyn also cut her hair today. She had previously been grounded from scissors after cutting the hair on two of her stuffed animals. When she cut a hole in her pants I said that she would have to be grounded until she was 5. After a few weeks (possibly just days) I gave in to her asking to use them under the pretence that it could have been an accident that she cut her pants. Later during the day I found a curly lock of hair in the living room. I thought that maybe it could have been from the bag of hair that was from her first hair cut. But when I found another lock behind the door in her room I decided that she was grounded from scissors until she turns 5 again. Because her hair is so curly you can hardly notice- but she is going to her aunt Tara's house tomorrow to get it fixed.

1 comments:

sara said...

Ahh!!!

What is it with kids and scissors and the love affair w/ cutting hair...
maybe she just wanted to be like her momma?? ;)